Public Information Cooperating With the Professional Community Contact Us
The Public Outreach goal is to attract all families and friends of alcoholics to
Al-Anon Family Groups, so that everyone who needs our program can find help and
hope in every community. In Public Outreach, we strive for name recognition and credibility for Al-Anon and Alateen as viable resources for local, regional, and national communities.
Public Outreach includes:
- Public Outreach Coordinators (PO).
- Public Information (PI) Coordinators.
- Cooperating with the Professional Community (CPC) Coordinators.
- Institutions Coordinators.
Public Outreach informs the general public about who we are, what we do, and how
to get in touch with Al-Anon and Alateen through:
- The media.
- professionals (counselors, etc.).
- facilities, such as treatment centers.
- organizations, e.g. the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence (NCADD).